System crash on SMB file copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Well I used the onboard Broadcom extream II and had crashes so I disabled them and installed a intel PCIe 1000 4 port gig nic. So same issue with 2 different brands of nics.
Ok good to know. I'm out of ideas.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

hardlivinlow

Dabbler
Me to. Only thing I can figure is either it's a issue with that HBA or a bug of some kind. It's odd though because iv read people have used FN on these servers with this same hardware. Maybe I should try a older version or the beta and see if I still get the same results.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Me to. Only thing I can figure is either it's a issue with that HBA or a bug of some kind. It's odd though because iv read people have used FN on these servers with this same hardware. Maybe I should try a older version or the beta and see if I still get the same results.
I'm about out of ideas, too.

What about the system BIOS? Are you using the latest available version?

hardlivinlow

Dabbler
Yeah I updated the system to current firmware versions on everything when I got it. it had the perc 6/i and I had windows installed to test. Flashed the H310 in a 2950 cause it wouldn't flash in the R710 cause of the UEFI thing. Slapped it in and installed FN. I may try to install some other OS's on the system and see how it acts.

droeders

Contributor
For memtest, I'd like to see it run with SMP enabled (and maybe a few more passes).

Also, can you run the dd test and iperf simultaneously and see if that fails?

One other test that comes to mind: can you create an NFS share and see if the same file copies cause a panic?

hardlivinlow

Dabbler
For memtest, I'd like to see it run with SMP enabled (and maybe a few more passes).

Also, can you run the dd test and iperf simultaneously and see if that fails?

One other test that comes to mind: can you create an NFS share and see if the same file copies cause a panic?

Will do. The dd is still running. I'll kick off a iperf when I get back to my computer. And the NFS test. The mem test I will start tonight after I get off work. I don't have console access on that drac so all the HW diag has to be started at the server for now.

hardlivinlow

Dabbler
That did it. dd was running and i did a 60 second iperf. It went good. Started the 30m test and it panicked.

hardlivinlow

Dabbler
Maybe it's not getting enough power. Those PSUs should be able to hold the system at full tilt on just one. I'm gonna swap it out and see.

hardlivinlow

Dabbler
Edit. Found out cutting the turbo and virtualization cpu settings off did not correct the problem. Going to jump over to FreeBSD forums and see if someone can decipher that crash dump and give me a better idea of whats going on.

Last edited:

eldo

Explorer
Not sure if it would be applicable, but I don't recall seeing it in the thread.

Is it possible to bypass the hba and use on board ports? I'm not familiar with your mb.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.