ZFS Health: Pool is not healthy

NugentS

MVP
May I suggest removing everything extra from the system. All disks, cards etc. Just boot the motherboard and GPU if you need one.
See if the BIOS resets. If it does I think you have to fix that issue first

sfatula

Guru
There are numerous P9X79 motherboards on eBay at least. Many of us here use used components in our builds.

intercom

Dabbler
May I suggest removing everything extra from the system. All disks, cards etc. Just boot the motherboard and GPU if you need one.
See if the BIOS resets. If it does I think you have to fix that issue first

I did, and it still didnt keep time if i plugged out AC for even a few seconds.

So, I ripped the BIOS battery holder off the motherboard, soldered on two wires and made sure all connections were OK.
And now everything works perfectly, it must have been a loose connection there for a long time cause Ive had this problem for years.

Ill attach a couple of pictures of it for you guys' amusement. I can almost hear the facepalm slaps

1698005673395.png

1698005709306.png

chuck32

Guru
Kudos to you!

It would have taken me a very long time to figure out to check the actual connections on the battery holder.

Just out of curiosity: did you solder on wires because you didn't want to disassemble everything and so you could solder without taking out the Mainboard?

intercom

Dabbler
Kudos to you!

It would have taken me a very long time to figure out to check the actual connections on the battery holder.

Just out of curiosity: did you solder on wires because you didn't want to disassemble everything and so you could solder without taking out the Mainboard?
Hehe, well thanks!:)
Yes, i didnt want to disassemble everything in order to get to the other side of the motherboard.
And I made the wires long so I could place the battery out of the way of PCIe cards, both to be able to place cards there and not to short circuit anything since the battery itself is conducting.

intercom

Dabbler
Now the problem is that when I try to copy (either by 'cp' or 'rsync' command) I get "Operation not permitted".
It drives me crazy. Im root and still no matter what I try I am not able to copy from one pool to another.

It also seems to add a '.' to the start of file names:
rsync: [receiver] mkstemp "/mnt/pool_8tb_disks/media/backup/Bildesamling/000 Asortert/Hytte/.IMG_2675.JPG.nmq5kP" failed: Operation not permitted (1)
>f+++++++++ Bildesamling/000 Asortert/Hytte/IMG_2678.JPG

intercom

Dabbler
For anyone else struggling with this in the future: Add "--no-p" to rsync command and it will work. I ended up using:

rsync -aiz --stats --delete --no-p /mnt/tank/bigdata/mydata/sourceFolder /mnt/pool_8tb_disks/media