VMs not working?

C4PPY

Cadet
Hello Everybody,

Have just moved to TrueNAS scale from a Windows Server setup as the base for both storage and VMs.
Scale seemed to have what I needed and with the coming feature updates for the virtualization I took the jump.

But ... I cannot start VMs and I tried to remove a test VM I did and that it not possible either - not matter what I do in the Web GUI I just get a spinning wheel until the session dies. What am I doing wrong?

Running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.0.

thsyrus

Cadet
Hi, there is a bug currently where trying to use the admin account in the virtualization window causes a huge range of issues. The workaround currently is to enable logging in to your root account with a password (credentials> local users) and use the root account to manage your VMs with until it's fixed.

It is very annoying but hopefully will be fixed soon.

C4PPY

Cadet
Hi, there is a bug currently where trying to use the admin account in the virtualization window causes a huge range of issues. The workaround currently is to enable logging in to your root account with a password (credentials> local users) and use the root account to manage your VMs with until it's fixed.

It is very annoying but hopefully will be fixed soon.
Thanks!
Will do so!