[EFAULT] acltool [clone] on path /mnt/Vol5/Backups failed with error

Morning everyone, have an annoying issue popped up and unsure how to solve it

I Installed a fresh Truenas install, dropped in my existing pools, user created, smb shares added and currently going through the various permissions for all the pools and have an issue. I created a dataset on Vol5 called Program_Data and inside this added datasets for each app i intent to install so i created a Syncthing Dataset. The apps user has been given permission to read and write so apps have control of their respective dataset to store configurations etc.

I then created a dataset on Vol5 called Backups and inside this a dataset called Program_Data, the apps user has been given full control. I then created a replication task which backs up the content of Program_Data to Backups/Program_Data. This worked fine and i ran it. In Syncthing i mounted the Backups dataset and it's synced with a Desktop so the Program_Data which replicates nightly will get a backup on the same volume plus backed up to a separate computer (i'll get it replicated to another location soon as well).

All worked amazing and fine, i then removed Syncthing (to re install to test if configs still work after install). Once i re installed it, i load Syncthing i get an error

Backupserror while traversing /Backups/Program_Data/Syncthing: permission denied

I then go into Backups/Program_Data and check the Dataset, all permissions are fine from what i can see but the Syncthing app doesn't let me work with the Backups dataset and also replication task now fails saying permission denied in writing to it. Here are a few screen shots of errors.

OS - TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-39-19.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-39-19.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-39-40.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-39-40.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-51-02.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-51-02.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-51-21.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-28 09-51-21.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 87
Nevermind i solved it

When installing click advance settings in security and untick the read only file system option and the error went away

Scrap that last message it's still got the issue, it worked for a moment and then the issue has come back, i'm also having issues updating the permissions where it shows an error and fails but seems to set the permissions fine.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
what do you see from this:

zfs get all vol5/Backups

Short story i partly solved it i think but still have an issue

New install of Truenas Scale Latest, pools re added, Program_Data added and Datasets inside this for for each app like Syncthing, NetData, Jellyfin, Mymediaforalexa and so. Made sure in the advanced settings of Program_Data that read only was turned off and all permissions applied recursively with child datasets ticked.

This installed most apps fine

Created a Dataset called Backups and inside this we have Program_Data and Emby. At first i give Backups all the right permissions for root, apps and the user Derek and applied it all recursively with child datasets ticked, this still didn't work. I then gave both Emby and Program Data the right permissions for root, apps and user Derek and applied it all recursively with child datasets ticked. This then worked for Syncthing.

I then synced Backups dataset on the server with a folder called Backups on a secondary hard drive on the desktop and it seemed to start syncing with the weird thing, Backups Dataset both Emby & Program_Data show fine and also all of the datasets created for each app so Syncthing, NetData, Jellyfin, Mymediaforalexa and so on but with the issue all of the folders that syncthing syncs to the desktop are empty.

I went into replication tasks and i have a replication that copies Program_Data to Backups/Program_Data and it says success every time i run it but with the second photo it doesn't seem to do anything in terms of copying over any data other than the apps Datasets without any data inside IE the apps settings.

I tried zfs get all Vol5/Backups in shell and it says zsh: command not found :zfs

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-05-29 15-36-38.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-29 15-36-38.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot from 2023-05-29 15-50-42.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-29 15-50-42.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 71

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I tried zfs get all Vol5/Backups in shell and it says zsh: command not found :zfs
Which shell are you running that in? it would be very concerning if your TrueNAS shell can't find the zfs command.

I'm running it in the Truenas shell on a fresh install of Truenas, have just added my pools, changed a few permissions on some datasets installed a few apps and added a few smb shares. I even used su to log in as root and run command?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-05-30 14-02-54.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-30 14-02-54.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 80

sretalla