Mistakenly deleted all 9.2.1.9 Jail templates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to install owncloud to my freenas system, but I kept getting an error that the jail template already existed, so I went and deleted the template called "Jail Template" (or very similar). Now, I can't even get to that error because it's looking for the jail template that no longer exists. I did a bit of searing and came across this post, and I put in the 4 commands listed at comment #7 through my SSH connection to the server. Now, none of the templates are there anymore. Here is a pastebin of the error I'm getting now if it is of use to anyone.

Is there a way for me to get these templates back? I tried installing a VM with the same version to get the template information to manually recreate them, but I get this error when I do.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Not sure this would work, but what would happen if you simply upgraded to 9.3? Maybe others can confirm/deny if that would work...

I would assume that during the upgrade it would replace/install any missing components?

Unless there is a hard requirement that you need to stay on 9.2?

Whenever I first setup my machine, I tried to install 9.3 and it didn't work, after some research I found that there was some changes to the hardware it supports and the hardware I have is not supported as of 9.3, so this version is the last one that my box can run.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Yes, the VM instance did have internet access, I bridged the network connection on the VM.

Right now, I'm seeing the error seems to have something to do with the file
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py in execute, line 451

I'm trying to take that file from the VM that I know works and replace the file from the actual deployed machine see if that works.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
This should be an easy fix. Create a new jail dataset and change your jail root path under your jail settings. Then install your plugins. This is assuming you don't have other jails/plugins running in the original jail that you need. And if you do maybe it's easiest to just rebuild them.

This should be an easy fix. Create a new jail dataset and change your jail root path under your jail settings. Then install your plugins. This is assuming you don't have other jails/plugins running in the original jail that you need. And if you do maybe it's easiest to just rebuild them.

That was one of my first thoughts, but it did not solve anything. the error I keep getting has to do with that one file I mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.