FreeNas7 - lost the pool after disk degrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simoncs

Cadet
Hi guys

Starting to panic a bit - i have years of family photos at stake, and i am not sure how i get the NAS back p and running.
I am on freenas 7, which i know is old and i should upgrade but i need to get everything working again before i can do this - i also can't find any resources to help. All the help shows newer versions which make this process much easier it would seem.

I have 3 disks in ZFS pool, which was degraded. I replaced the bad disk thinking that would just rebuild but on adding the disk (straight from new, no formating) it can't see the full volume. So i thought i should format the disk first, then add it back. Would the pool then rebuild itself?
In the GUI i am not able to go to format this disk as no disks show up in the drop down. I wasn't abl to format it when i added the disk either as the format option was greyed out.

I then tried to look from Shell and see the disks and thought i might be able to format from here, but when using fdisk i didn't get a clear indication of the disks. I was expecting it to list the disks and show the volume, but instead it says "invalid fdisk partion table found"

Since then, the pool seems to have disappeared and the status says unknown, yet before i added the new disk i could still see all my data.

I am just afraid of taking any more steps incase i do more damage.

Do i try to get the pool back first, or sort the new disk and then get the pool back? And if so what are the steps for this?

thanks

Simon

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Freenas 7 is not even associated with this project.

The continuation of Freenas 7 is with nas4free. I believe the forum rules state this explicitly.

Status
Not open for further replies.