CRITICAL error message ?

Richardszu

Dabbler
Hello everyone,
I just did a fresh install of Truenas Scale V22.12.2 because the core V13 migration didn't work properly. So, I reinstalled everything manually with the same configuration. But now that I have finished part of the configuration I have a disturbing error message?
CRITICAL
Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: Missing 'cpuset, cpu' cgroup controller(s) which are required for apps to function
2023-04-21 09:36:48 (America/Los_Angeles)
I would like to know if this message is blocking for the future?
To know if I can continue to configure Truenas Scale and use it normally?
Thank you for your help, have a nice day. :mad:

Richardszu

Dabbler
Problem I solved by looking a little on the forum!
I changed the timezone I put it on my time zone because I wanted to leave everything default for the first installation just in case!
Then on the advice of @Samuel Tai I modified:
We go to > System Setting > Advanced
In > Sysctl
We add a variable to remove ipv6
Edit Sysctl:
Variable: net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6
Value*: 1
Description: sysctl disable ipv6
[x] Enabled
[Save]
Everything is working normally again, I no longer have a critical error message from Kubernet.
Have a good day, see you soon

pookNast

Cadet
Hello

I am getting the same error as OP.

I did a fresh install of TrueNAS Scale 22.12.2 to the metal of my home server.

I receive the same error:
"
CRITICAL
Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: Missing 'cpuset, cpu' cgroup controller(s) which are required for apps to function

"

I have attempted to resolve this issue by disabling the ipv6, detaching and re attaching the pool as suggested in another post, and moidfying the Applications->settings - Advanced settings to the correct network adapter and ipv4 gateway ip. To note my node ip says 0.0.0.0

I have also tried suggestions from this thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/apps-not-working-after-update.109371/

Any attempt to install an app prompts the following error:

"
Kubernets service not running
"

If anyone has any other suggestions or knows how to resolve this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

pookNast

Cadet
Hello

I am getting the same error as OP.

I did a fresh install of TrueNAS Scale 22.12.2 to the metal of my home server.

I receive the same error:
"
CRITICAL

"

I have attempted to resolve this issue by disabling the ipv6, detaching and re attaching the pool as suggested in another post, and moidfying the Applications->settings - Advanced settings to the correct network adapter and ipv4 gateway ip. To note my node ip says 0.0.0.0

I have also tried suggestions from this thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/apps-not-working-after-update.109371/

Any attempt to install an app prompts the following error:

"
Kubernets service not running
"

If anyone has any other suggestions or knows how to resolve this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Ah I see now that there is a bug fix with the new 22.12.3 expected out next week.

frunkAf

Cadet
I have a feeling this error is present because those specific controllers are not present in the /sys/fs/cgroup/system.slice/middlewared.service/cgroup.controllers file. See my post...